Motion on RAA

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 30 14:02:09 CET 2011

On PDP transparency, hope citing adopted PDP-WT Updated Final Report is
helpful?
- - -
Recommendation 39: GNSO Council Report to the Board (B/M)

The PDP-WT recommends that all reports to the ICANN Board concerning a PDP
should be publicly disclosed. In addition, it notes that the GNSO Council
is responsible for the Board Report either as author of the report or by
approving the report before it is sent to the Board. Board Reports on PDPs
should be delivered from the GNSO Council directly to the Board and if any
summaries or addenda are needed by request of the Board, those should be
the assembled by the GNSO council (upon consultation of the Working Group if
necessary). If feasible, the Board Report should be delivered to the Board
within 21 days
following the adoption of the Final Report. The PDP-WT discussed at length
the current
practice of ICANN Policy Staff submitting a separate report to the Board,
which is not
disclosed to the community and is drafted without the aid of the Council or
applicable PDP
Working Group. The PDP-WT unanimously believes that these reports should
not be kept
confidential. If ICANN Policy Staff would like to submit a separate report
related to a PDP to the Board or is requested to do so, it should be done
in an open and transparent matter and disclosed to the community at the
same time it is delivered to the Board. The PDP-WT notes that there might
be cases where certain confidential information cannot be publicly
disclosed due to its privileged nature. Nevertheless, even in those
circumstances, as much information as possible, without disclosing business
confidential information, must be provided. This may include a description
by ICANN Staff of the general nature of such information and the rationale
for its non-disclosure.
- - ends- -

regards,

Alex