Agenda points for the meeting of the ICANN Board with the NCSG

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sat Oct 22 22:14:10 CEST 2011

Please let's not attack NPOC per se, because there are many good organizations in NPOC. It's unfortunate that they were trapped in this dysfunctional GNSO Constituency scheme and used as pawns by certain people.

I agree with Avri that we don't need constituency-based tribalism. But such tribalism is the whole purpose of GNSO SG constituencies, as forced on us by the staff/Board. The people who insisted on the constituency model know this - it allows a small group, such as the "NPOC leadership" which really consists of three people, to count for as much as 150 others, and to pretend to be speaking for a larger group.