vote counting

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Thu Oct 13 22:39:42 CEST 2011

Hi Ron,

While I set up the election I was working with ICANN staff and giving them the information, they run the election and di the brunt of the hard work.  I just collected names and addresses and made a little list.  Well maybe a score of little lists.

I do not know why they send ballots from tally at icann.org as opposed to some other account, but at least knowing that makes it easier for people to find the ballots.  I do not know if it is adversely affecting the return of ballots.  I tend to doubt it as I keep telling people to look for ballots from tally at icann.org, and the few who could not find them, wrote to me and asked for duplicates, which were sent out promptly by ICANN. But it is a moot point.

It is, btw NCSG's choice services it uses for the elections.  In the past they were done for us out of the good graces of the  Brazilian CGI through the good offices of Carlos Afonso.  In the last year I opted to use the ICANN election services, though I did confirm that choice with the NCSG EC first. Next year the NCSG chair and the EC could all decide to do something else entirely.  Of course once you pick someone to do the election you are pretty much committed to what ever service they provide.  I am very appreciative of the help given to me this year by Glen and other ICANN staff members in making our ballots work out.  Just as I was appreciative last year of the help from Carlos and friends in Brazil.

avri