vote counting

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Oct 12 23:11:02 CEST 2011

As you said 'none' is just one 'candidate' among the others.
Nothing fancy.
No cancellation of a person's vote.

But can only be used in lieu of one person.
And yes, if you think all of the candidates are awful, you still can only vote 'none' once.
I thought of putting in none1 … none4, but decided that was overdoing it.

And while we are speaking of ballots, I also think all ballots should have a write in possibility, but not only do I think that the current software does not support that option, I thought that doing this might be seen as a comment in an election with only one candidate.

But if people are going to discuss the 'science of ballots' before future elections, I would like to put in a recommendation for the possibility of write in candidates.

avri