vote counting

Dan Krimm dan at MUSICUNBOUND.COM
Wed Oct 12 21:53:22 CEST 2011

To clarify, if you vote for (say) two candidates plus the
none-of-the-above option, that "none" vote does not take your votes away
from the two you voted for, correct?  It just gets treated as a kind of
additional candidate itself, by the system?

So, in what circumstances could the "none" vote make a difference?  If
"none" came in first, would no candidate get through, or would it not
really matter other than a symbolic protest vote?

Personally I ignored the "none" option, but in retrospect I don't really
understand how (or even if) it would play into the actual decision to
choose representatives.

Thanks,
Dan