VeriSign demands website takedown powers

Wendy Seltzer wendy at SELTZER.COM
Tue Oct 11 18:56:59 CEST 2011

Thanks Alex and Kathy,

This development underscores the importance of including
freedom-of-expression impact analyses in the policy review.

We at NCSG should help ICANN staff to set a good framework for that
review in the current report on registrar contacts for law enforcement,
(Resolution 3.5 at <http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#201110>) that can
serve as an example and precedent for future cases.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org +1 914-374-0613
Fellow, Yale Law School Information Society Project