NCSG input on request for special privileges for Red Cross & International Olympic Committee regarding Internet domains

Nuno Garcia ngarcia at NGARCIA.NET
Wed Oct 5 14:58:29 CEST 2011

I agree with Marc line of reasoning here.

I see Red Cross/Crescent as a merit institution, but otherwise see no
reason that is should be allowed to have special privileges. Its
budget surpasses the budget of many countries.

Unless of course that Red Cross states that to have this privileges is
important to pursue its action.

I have said this before on the list. Not-for-profit is not the same as
non-commercial. Red Cross and other NGOs are clearly not-for-profit.
(period).

Warm regards to all,

Nuno Garcia