Question 5: UDRP

Victoria McEvedy victoria at MCEVEDY.EU
Wed Oct 5 11:58:55 CEST 2011

I agree with what has been said to date.

The UDRP is constantly being amended ---by the trademark lawyers (including myself) who interpret it as panelists.

See for example the Octogen case (recently upheld by a 3 member panel) –negotiating the cumulative requirements of bad faith registration and bad faith use.

So as it is being constantly amended –there is no will to negotiate those amendments with speech and other stakeholders.

Best,

Victoria McEvedy

Principal

McEvedys

Solicitors and Attorneys

81 Oxford Street,

London W1D 2EU.

T:    +44 (0) 207 243 6122

F:    +44 (0) 207 022 1721

M:   +44 (0) 7990 625 169

www.mcevedy.eu

Authorized and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority #465972

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  This email and its attachments may also be legally privileged. If you have received this in error, please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.

This email does not create a solicitor-client relationship and no retainer is created by this email communication.