Finishing up the Dakar NCUC agenda

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sun Oct 30 17:32:39 CET 2011

Unfortunately, the time was short in Dakar, and many of the items on the NCUC agenda never got discussed.  Some, especially those having to do with Constituency transparency going forward are especially important from my perspective.

Is there any plan to hold an on-line or telechat at any point in order to continue with the agenda.

Also I understand that just recently the NCUC Executive Committee created a email list with a publicly available archive.  Can someone please send the URL for this to the NCSG-Discuss list?  While I know it isn't possible to go very far back in this archive to see how past NCUC-EC decisions were made including all of the members of the NCUC-EC (I am assuming that they were included in ALL past NCUC Chair decisions, I would appreciate knowing if this is indeed the case), I think we should be able to follow current discussions on current issues, if that is at all possible.  Over the years, that group has presumably made many decisions on behalf of the NCUC membership without much ability for the NCUC membership to review how the various members of the NCUC EC interacted and 'voted' on these issues.  As we approach another election for NCUC EC regional representatives and for Chair, it would be good to know how things really work in the inner core of the NCUC.

thanks

avri
(ncuc,cc)