Meeting in Dakar re NPOC complaint

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Fri Oct 28 15:23:50 CEST 2011

Dear members
NCSG EC members, NCUC members and NPOC leadership met in Dakar yesterday with the ICANN Ombudsman acting as a neutral mediator.
The meeting focused on future practices for handling new membership applications; there was and is no talk of undoing the election any more.
I think we identified some of the misunderstandings and process hiccups that led to the initial problem and reached an agreement on how to process membership applications in the future. I'll let Robin Gross, the new NCSG Chair, fill you in on the details.

Milton L. Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
Internet Governance Project
http://blog.internetgovernance.org