Provisional election Results

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Oct 19 12:42:54 CEST 2011

To the membership:

The provisional results of the election are provided below.

As discussed in the Policy Call yesterday, there is an opportunity for each voter to verify their vote against the ballot they cast using the unique and private ballot number included on the ballot sent to each voter in the election and on the receipt of the submitted ballot.  I ask any concerned voter to check the files indicate below to confirm their ballot and to bring up any issues concerning balloting or weighting of their vote.  In order for the vote to remain private, I ask that any questions about their private vote be addressed directly with the GNSO Secretariat <gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org> who ran the ballot.  Do Not Send a copy of your ballot receipt to this list unless you wish to announce your vote to the entire community. Do Not Send a copy of your ballot to me - I do not wish to know how people voted.

I ask that all issues regarding the vote be registered with the GNSO Secretariat by Close of Business Friday 21 October 2011.  It is my intention to announce the verified results at the NCSG Constituency Day meeting in Dakar on Tuesday 25 October 2011.  The new chair will take over as chair of meeting at that point while the new GNSO Council members will take their seats at the end of the Dakar meeting.

With thanks to GNSO Secretariat for their effort in supporting our election and thanks to all the candidates.

------------------------------
GNSO Council Election

Totals:

111	 Wendy Seltzer
95	 Wolfgang Kleinwachter
91	 Joy Liddicoat
88	 Rafik Damak
31	 Nuno Garcia
31	 Debra Hughes
27	 Alain Berranger
10	 Hago Elteraifi Mohamed Dafalla
4	 None of the Above

Wendy Seltzer, Wolfgang Kleinwachter, and Joy Liddicoat are provisionally elected to 2 year terms, while Rafik Damak is provisionally elected to a 1 year term.

The record of the election provided by the GNSO secretariat who supervised the vote can be found at: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/27328718/ncsg-council-member.txt?version=1&modificationDate=1319019865346

----------------------------
NCSG Chair Election

Totals:

119	 Robin Gross
7	 None of the above

Robin Gross is provisionally elected to a one year term as NCSG Chair.

The record of the election provided by the GNSO secretariat who supervised the vote can be found at: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/27328718/ncsg-chair.txt?version=1&modificationDate=1319019897216

I must note, that despite having participated in the nomination process, having submitted statements of candidacy and been listed on the ballot without prior notice or complaint, the NPOC leadership has filed a complaint with the ICANN Board and requested that the vote be suspended and new elections called.
The letter to the Board by the NPOC leadership can be found at:  <http://info.n4c.eu/sympa/arc/ncsg-ec/2011-10/msg00048.html>
while my response to this complaint can be found at: <http://info.n4c.eu/sympa/arc/ncsg-ec/2011-10/msg00049.html>

It is my expectation, and hope, that the ICANN Board will choose not to interfere in this election.

A copy of this note is filed at: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Elections+2011

Avri Doria
Interim Chair, NCSG