Help get Africa out of 'Digital Plantations'

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 1 07:39:12 CEST 2011

We have just concluded IGF 2011 at Nairobi, Kenya yesterday.Was delighted to
meet many delegates, especially the Non Commercial Internet Freedom
Fighters..

Was panelist at:
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=Workshops2011View&wspid=231where
discussed, inter alia:-

"As of June, 2011 Africa contributed only 2 per cent of global webpages.
While the global average of people to domain name stood at a ratio 90:1,
Africa's ratio was 10,000 people per domain name, Kenya's is at 2,500:1"

Randomly pick any Kiswahili language words and WHOIS reveals majority of
their corresponding domain names were registered by aliens, from as far back
as 1992.

Wearing my elected NCUC-EC Africa Representative hat, I urge you save Africa
from modern era digital plantations.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Alex