Nomination of Alex Gakuru

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 17 08:04:42 CET 2011

Dear Remmy, all,

I accept Remmy's nomination for election as Africa Representative to
NCUC-EC.
Its a delightful honour that an African voice in ICANN offered to nominate
me!!

It's a tough job fighting for the rights of non-commercial interests
anywhere and everywhere.
But as stated when I joined, I found truly humbling heroes at NCUC my home
at ICANN.

We have a rocky path ahead. The more things change, the more they remain
the same.
Money, power and control and their manifestations continue being great
threats to social justice.
I seek your precious vote NCSG membership vote promising if re-elected to
redouble my efforts.
I shall not falter, not waiver, flinch, be intimidated, nor be diverted
from non-commercial goals.

In my third and final term will focus on consolidating NCUC success at
elevating indigenous African voices at ICANN.

Please vote for me.

Thank You,

Alex