NCUC elections for Chair and EC

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Tue Nov 15 00:12:14 CET 2011

I'm sorry, but this just looks like sour grapes to me.  You had no complaint about these appointments when they were first given to you a couple months ago.  It was not until Konstantinos said he could not re-open the earlier decision and appoint you instead that you had this burning desire to take this alleged "transparency" issue to this list.

Constructive participation is always welcome.  Aggressive hecklers with an axe to grind get tuned out after awhile.

Robin

On Nov 14, 2011, at 3:03 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

> Transparency in the Constituency is not just another process problem.  It is critical to the proper functioning of the Constituency.  It is central to the bottom-up process.
>
> Again, my selection is not the reason for this 'diversion'.  Had I been selected it might have been more difficult for me to bring up these issues as I would have had officer responsibilities to the EC and would not have felt it appropriate to get involved in Constituency issues at this level.  So I am grateful to have the opportunity to work on trying to fix the NCUC transparency and accountability issues.  It took a while for me to realize my responsibility as a member who was no longer in the leadership, but now that I have, I will pursue these issue, even if it annoys people.
>
> But make no mistake, the lack of transparency and accountability in the NCUC is the issue.
>
> avri
>
> On 14 Nov 2011, at 17:39, Milton L Mueller wrote:
>
>> Really, I have to strongly second what Robin says here. Avri, I am sorry you were not selected this time but that is no reason to divert everyone's attention by inventing another process problem.

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org