[NCUC elections] NCUC EC NA nomination

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Tue Nov 22 17:20:42 CET 2011

The voting is done by the entire constituency.  Usually someone from a particular geo region nominates for that region - but that just a practice and not a rule, so really any constituency member can nominate someone from that region.

Robin

On Nov 22, 2011, at 8:08 AM, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:

> I always thought the nominations and voting for *regional* EC members
> are regional. Am I wrong?
>
> --c.a.
>
> On 11/22/2011 11:54 AM, Avri Doria wrote:
>> On 22 Nov 2011, at 05:02, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
>>
>>> I cannot, but as a Brazilian-Canadian, I would if I could second as well.
>>>
>>> :)
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if the above was a just joke, or whether there is some sort of restriction on  the region a person could nominate, second (assuming we have the practice of seconding, thirding, +1ing) or vote in.  I.e. can we only nominate, +1 or vote in our regions?  And if so, how is that done?
>>
>> In seems natural that we might, but I did not think we did.  Does NCUC vote in regions?  Can an NCUC member only vote for their regional representative?  I don't remember how previous NCUC ballots have been set up.
>>
>> Also since we seemed doomed to elections with just one candidate, will there be an option of voting 'none' that will be counted?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> avri

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org