Nomination for NCUC Chair - Second

nhklein nhklein at GMX.NET
Sat Nov 19 02:02:12 CET 2011

Dear All,

I can only agree with everything Kathy said, and I also support that Dr.
Konstantinos Komaitis should be elected Chair of the NCUC.

I would like to add here that I am happy to remember all others who did
provide NCUC leadership in various ways in the past - remembering that I
joined NCUC since the 1999 Santiago de Chile ICANN meeting, on behalf of
a small NGO in Cambodia which had been instrumental in bringing the
Internet to this country, established the ccTLD for Cambodia, and
continues to be involved in Internet affairs.

Norbert

On 11/19/2011 03:02 AM, Kathy Kleiman wrote:
> Dear All,
> I would like to second Carlos' nomination of Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis
> as Chairman of NCUC. I do this out of the greatest respect for
> Konstantinos, and out of a great sense of pride. When we founded the
> NCUC in 1999, just a handful of people, we hoped that strong
> leadership would follow. Frankly, we had no idea where it would come
> from as ICANN was an obscure organization, and few cared about our
> issues.
>
> Fortunately, strong leadership followed over the years for NCUC, most
> recently by Robin Gross and Konstantinos. This leadership broadened
> and expanded the Constituency into one of the largest and most diverse
> within ICANN, and an active leader on many issues, including fair and
> balanced rules for the New gTLDs.
>
> Konstantinos studied ICANN before he joined us, and his dissertation
> on the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy is now a well-regarded book.
> He understood our crazy policy process -- and yet he still joined
> ICANN :-) In Dakar, and many meetings before, he has shared his
> outstanding ability to lead, teach and encourage the broadest of
> discussions and participation.
>
> Accordingly, I wholeheartedly second Carlos' nomination of
> Konstantinos for a second term.
> Kathy
>
> Kathy Kleiman
> Co-Founder, NCUC
> Founder, Internet Matters Law Firm
>
>> Ddear people, I see no relevant reason why we should nominate
>> Konstantinos Komaitis for a second term, so I am doing this right now.
>>
>> fraternal regards
>>
>> --c.a.
c.a. you mean "why we should NOT nominate" , yes?

--
A while ago, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia