KASWESHA APPLICATION

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Fri Nov 18 16:05:47 CET 2011

> My present inclination would be to interpret "domain"
> as something registered directly from TLD registrar and
> "exclusive use" as right of use granted by a registrar -
> but not so much on the basis of the wording but on how
> I've understood the purpose of the group.
> And that would mean rejecting Kaswesha, unless and
> until they get a "real" domain of their own.

What Tapani describes here was exactly the thinking behind the original charter. I tend to support this reasoning.

At the same time I can't say that applying these kinds of bureaucratic fine lines makes me happy.

The solution  I think is for organizations that are not allowed into NCSG on this basis to be steered to At Large. Unfortunately, even that is not ideal because recognition as an ALS (At Large Structure) is more complicated than it needs to be, and AL does not accept individuals.  But for now, I think Kaswesha belongs in AL.