Controversial online piracy bill gains support

Kathy Kleiman kathy at KATHYKLEIMAN.COM
Fri Nov 18 13:57:18 CET 2011

Hi Joly,
The response has been great!  Unfortunately, the perception here in
Washington is still that those who support the bill are making headway.
The hearing on SOPA was stacked 5:1
(http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/hear_11162011.html) with only
Google speaking for Internet users and companies. More Congressmen are
signing up to support it, according to the Washington Post yesterday.

So, much more work is needed, including much more strategic work.  I am
going to be spending a lot of time thinking about what else we can do to
help. If you have any ideas, please let me know (offline, please).

Best,
Kathy

Kathy Kleiman
Co-Founder, NCUC
Founding Member, Internet Matters Public Interest Law Firm
Falls Church, VA
cell) 703/371-6846: