listservs

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at INTERNETGOVERNANCE.ORG
Thu Nov 17 19:23:25 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM, David Cake <dave at difference.com.au> wrote:
>        Just to address Alains comments about our 'dirty laundry' - I agree with the general NCUC feeling that a separate NCUC list for policy discussion would probably be a mistake, I think an NCUC list for NCUC internal procedural issues would be the optimum - but I'm loathe to create a separate email list for what is usually a very small number of messages, especially given the confusion that might result between the two (as soon as two separate lists existed, I would foresee a regular quantity of messages to the wrong list).

Or messages being sent to both lists anyway, for fear that someone
will miss one.  I agree creating another list would create little
benefit, and potentially cause a lot of confusion.
As suggested by Avri, tagging those rare "NCUC only" messages as such
seems to me to cause the least amount of pain.

Brenden Kuerbis
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org

 Suggestions for how better to manage the issue welcome.