comment on .net agreement

Carlos A. Afonso ca at CAFONSO.CA
Wed May 11 13:58:31 CEST 2011

Thanks again for your excellent work, Avri, and this time for two reasons.

First, reading the contractual conditions looks in practice as if
Verisign wrote the contract for ICANN to sign instead of otherwise. I
have no notice of a contract so sweet (to such an extent that it could
be probably illegal and/or against ICANN's statutes, e.g, the guarantees
to Verisign even if there is a breach of contract). So I thank you for
getting me to read this.

Second, for clearly formulating positions on this with which I entirely
agree, in particular on the presumption of renewal.

frt rgds

--c.a.