ICE grabs more domains

Joly MacFie joly at PUNKCAST.COM
Sun May 29 05:03:44 CEST 2011

ICE just grabbed some more domains, announced 49 of 125 seized thus far have
filed with the courts to get them back.

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1105/110525washingtondc.htm

"American business is threatened by those who produce counterfeit
trademarked goods and pirate copyrighted materials," said ICE Director John
Morton. "From counterfeit pharmaceuticals and electronics to pirated movies,
music, and software, IP thieves undermine the U.S. economy and jeopardize
public safety. That is why the Operation In Our Sites initiative will
continue through 2011 and beyond. Our efforts through this operation
successfully disrupt the ability of criminals to purvey counterfeit goods
and copyrighted materials illegally over the Internet."

In June 2010, ICE HSI and the IPR Center began "Operation In Our Sites."
Since the launch of this operation, ICE HSI and the IPR Center have seized a
total of 125 domain names and redirected those domain names to a seizure
banner. Seventy-six of the 125 domain names seized have now been forfeited
to the United States government. Through the forfeiture process, individuals
who have an interest in the seized domain names are provided a period of
time after the "Notice of Seizure" to file a petition with a federal court
and additional time after the "Notice of Forfeiture" to contest the
forfeiture. If no petitions or claims are filed, the domain names become
property of the U.S. government.

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com