[ncsg-policy] Draft of statement for workshop on new gTLDs

Debra Hughes HughesDeb at USA.REDCROSS.ORG
Mon Mar 14 18:20:28 CET 2011

Avri, Konstantinos, Robin and Mary,

Thank you so much for working on this draft under such a tight deadline.

I have not had the opportunity to discuss with my NPOC colleagues, but
after my review this morning, I think it would be best if this was
submitted as a NCUC statement, or perhaps a joint statement between NCUC
and the proposed Consumer Const, if they approve.  I think it is
important for this viewpoint to be shared, even if I and my NPOC
colleagues do not support the conclusions and content.  I would ask that
you clearly state the statement does not represent those of the members
of the Proposed Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency.

>From the perspective of a non-profit organization that needs effective
and efficient and reasonable means to execute and protect its
philanthropic, capacity-building and humanitarian activities online
(underscored by nefarious activity occurring now related to the disaster
in Japan and the pacific area) I have serious concerns supporting the
positions taken related to Section 6, among other areas - although I
acknowledge the difference in perspectives.

Thanks,
Debbie