topics for Board/NCSG discussion

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Wed Mar 9 20:55:24 CET 2011

Hi,

I tried to synthesize what was said and came up with the following (ok, I added some of my own content too). I have sent them to Diane with an apology for being a day late.  Thanks to those who commented.

1. We would like to better understand how the Board weighs GAC advice in relation to  GNSO recommendations, the CWG work and community comment on the implementation in the by-laws mandated process.  Of special interest are issues related to MAPO/Rec6 and Community Objections.

2.  We would be very interested to hear how the the Board reads both the substance and process of Cross-Community WGs and the JAS group in particular to understand what the Board is  thinking viable supports might be and how they regard the recommendations for fee reductions.

3. While understanding that the NCSG Stakeholder Group charter is waiting on the approval of the standardized New  Constituency process recommended by the Structural Improvements Committee, we would like to understand what issues, if any, may be blocking Board approval of both the New Constituency Process and the NCSG Stakeholder Group charter.

a.