Offtopic: Fwd: Thank you for renewing your fostering of Turkwel.

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Mar 9 17:33:07 CET 2011

Thanks, Avri!   Turkwel, the NCSG baby elephant.

It should be noted however, that Avri and I remain in disagreement about what religion in which to raise this elephant and where it will be educated, etc.  ;-)

Best,
Robin

On Mar 9, 2011, at 8:25 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I never got around to informing the group and never forwarded on any of the month messages I get from the wildlife trust, but while in Kenya last year, Robin and I, with the assistance of an unnamed Board member, decided to adopt one of the baby elephants at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.
>
> I just renewed that support, so figured this was as good a time as any to let the NCSG know that there is a baby elephant that is supported in the name of the NCSG.
>
> a.
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust <webserver2 at sheldrickwildlifetrust.org>
>> Date: 9 March 2011 11:12:51 EST
>> To: Avri Doria & Robin Gross & NCSG <avri at acm.org>
>> Subject: Thank you for renewing your fostering of Turkwel.
>>
>> 3/9/2011 11:12:51 AM
>>
>> Dear Avri Doria & Robin Gross & NCSG,
>>
>> We are deeply grateful to you for renewing the fostering of the Orphan(s) Turkwel. elephants are long lived animals, and those foster-parents that have the staying power to continue their fostering commitment truly do help ensure the gift of life for a needy orphan of misfortune, making amends in a small way for the suffering inflicted on the Animal Kingdom by our species.  As it is, with the help of many caring people such as you, our Orphan Unit can now be called a herd and we are very proud of that.
>>
>> We hope you will continue to visit our website regularly to keep abreast with not only our work but your fostered elephant. As a foster parent we will be sending you monthly updates with a link to The Keeper's Diary, this way you will be able to continue to keep in close contact with the life of Turkwel.
>>
>> Please click on the following link to view Turkwel's Orphan Profile: http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/asp/orphan_profile.asp?N=221
>>
>> To view the latest entries in the Keeper's Diary follow this link: http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/asp/keepers_diary.asp?o=Turkwel
>>
>> For more information on Understanding The Orphans' Project please click the link below:
>> http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/html/raiseorphan.htm
>>
>> Most Sincerely,
>>
>> Dr. Dame Daphne Sheldrick D.B.E.
>> http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org
>>

> <Fostering Certificate for Avri Doria & Robin Gross & NCSG.pdf>

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org