Request for Assistance - NCUC-ICANN Pre-Meeting Event Panel

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Wed Mar 9 19:24:02 CET 2011

Hi Ana

On Mar 9, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Ana Neves wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Happy to know that you outreached Katim, who will definitely enrich the Panel. I suggested Alice and Jayantha to Tracy but unfortunately they could not make it. Tracy’s idea to propose me come up as I am one of the GAC leads, along with Tracy, Alice and Jayantha, on GAC scoreboard on the opportunities for stakeholders from developing countries on gTLDs but it is great that at the end of the day it was possible to find someone available from a developing country. Internet should be one of the best tools to overcome the gap and the division between countries and I am fully confident that Internet Governance as a whole will be able to serve its best purpose: the world-wide economic and social development in an inclusive way.

I'm well aware of your support for developing country stakeholders on new gTLDs and other IG issues and just wish we had more room on the panel and more time.  I appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing you in SF; please do come by the NCUC event if you can.

Cheers,

Bill