Upcoming Public Comment Deadlines

Wendy Seltzer wendy at SELTZER.COM
Mon Jun 27 19:58:29 CEST 2011

Hi Folks,
Great to see people in Singapore, and to welcome the prospective launch
of the new gTLD program, which NCUC has supported since before there was
an NCSG.

At the meeting, we discussed the importance of submitting public
comments to put the constituency and stakeholder group on the record.
>From the public comments list at
<http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/> I note several upcoming
deadlines:

New GNSO Policy Development Process (ends 9 July 2011)
New gTLDs Communications Plan (ends 15 July 2011)
Preliminary Issue Report on the Current State of the UDRP (ends 15 July
2011)
WHOIS Policy Review Team – Discussion Paper (ends 23 July 2011)
Second Milestone Report [JAS] (ends 29 July 2011)

Do we have volunteers to review each of these for possible comment -- or
to review and note if no comment is warranted?  I believe Milton offered
to start drafting comments on UDRP review, and I'll start something on
the WHOIS review team.

Best,
--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org +1 914-374-0613
Fellow, Princeton Center for Information Technology Policy