Results of the Chartering process

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 1 19:42:25 CEST 2011

Carlos,

For example, I have been a volunteer on PDP-WT holding weekly (sometimes
twice) calls since 2009.  JAS-WG holds 2 weekly calls, NCUC/SG - monthly
calls, among other Work Groups/ Work Teams/Interest Groups special calls,
events, and emails. Singapore added me to yet another
[gnso-consumercci-dt].

There is a Kenyan whom clearly cautions local folk
against participating because of the commitment, time and opportunity costs
it entails. Now contrast with ICANN's repeated calls asking people
"participate"?

Multiplicity of new ones definitely risk burning out  already fatigued
volunteers who are not in this for the money and whom instead actually
donate to/or fund raise participation.

Clearly new constituencies are great new volunteers participation
dis-incentives.

Thanks for raising it.

Alex