[ncsg-policy] Re: [ncsg-ec] RE: my review of the staff's edit to our SG charter.

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Feb 14 04:44:15 CET 2011

Just a point of clarification, Konstantinos.
> I too find this proposal extremely alarming and I strongly object the idea
> of NCSG opening its membership to commercial organizations. As Robin says,
> we need to draw a line.

Actually the line is already drawn for us, by the ICANN bylaws, and has been since the beginning of the DNSO/GNSO. .
The whole point of having distinct constituencies (for better or worse) is to balance representation of different segments of society.
Allowing one of these constituencies to colonize another defeats the whole purpose. Letting commercial orgs into NCSG is a non-starter.