statement on USG proposal GAC-Board Discussion on Rec. 6

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Fri Feb 11 23:18:26 CET 2011

I think we do want to break the statement up into 3 distinct pieces (as Avri pointed out, we could garner outside support for some of the individual statements).

So I'd suggest we break it up into: 1) a stmt on the govt power grab with the veto over new tlds; 2) stmt on the trademark issues; 3) stmt on vertical integration.  Most of the meat is already there, so let's just divide it up and continue to refine the documents separately.

I also suggest we divide up the work for the 3 statements and ask 3 different people to "hold the editing pen" for those individual statements and receive further suggestions from the constituency on edits going forward.

Perhaps Milton can "hold the editing pen" on the 1st statement above?

Perhaps Konstantinos can "hold the editing pen" on the 2nd stmt on TM?

Perhaps Avri can "hold the pen" on the vertical integration?

Thanks,
Robin

w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org