NCUC letter for SOPA/PIPA

Joly MacFie joly at PUNKCAST.COM
Wed Dec 14 23:27:28 CET 2011

Is thefe a record on the House website of the submission?

Just so there is a url to refer in the meantime to I have uploaded the
letter to http://isoc-ny.org/ncuc/NCUC_Letter_on_SOPA+PIPA.pdf

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Konstantinos Komaitis <
k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As you all know by now there is a great discussion taking place regarding
> the recent US legislative approaches regarding PIPA/SOPA. At yesterday's
> policy call, some members of NCUC suggested it would be great if NCUC were
> to join all the bodies -  international organizations and institutions,
> individuals, civil society and academics – against these horrible copyright
> protection.
>
> Both Bills are meant to go for mark-up tomorrow, so there was no time for
> the letter to be put before the whole list. The letter – attached -  has
> been drafted and ratified by both the NCUC EC and PC and was just sent; it
> reiterates the arguments already submitted and presented.
>
> Thanks
>
> KK
>

> --
> Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,
> Senior Lecturer in Law,
> Director of LLM in Information Technology and Telems. Law,
> Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses,
> ICANN NCUC Chair
> University of Strathclyde,
> Graham Hills Bld.
> 50 George Street,
> Glasgow, G1 1BA,
> UK
> tel: +44 (0)141 548 4306
> email: k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com