NCSG Policy Principles

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Mon Dec 5 21:51:39 CET 2011

Thanks, Joy.  Yes, I think this is a principle that should be included.  Indeed it was part of the Internet's original design to have the power at the ends (rather than a centralized point) as a means of ensuring no single authority *could* shut it down.  This is one of the foremost principles for us to consider, I believe, when we evaluate various Internet-related policies.

Thanks,
Robin

On Dec 5, 2011, at 11:57 AM, Joy Liddicoat wrote:

> Hi:
> would some kind of openness and/or end to end principle be a good idea? For example: the Internet’s standards/protocols should remain open and/or the Internet’s functionality should rest at its endpoints not at any centralized point?
> Joy

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org