FW: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Documents / Thoughts for Initial Call on Wednesday

Joy Liddicoat joy at APC.ORG
Wed Dec 14 23:17:41 CET 2011

Hi all - am sending the documents relating to this call today which was an
informal meeting of GNSO Councillors and other interested persons to discuss
the issue of the IOC and Red Cross domain names. The meeting was a
preliminary one and agreed to:

.         Circulate the attached information to our respective stakeholder
groups for comment

.         Have a follow up call (tentatively scheduled for Jan 11th)

.         Provide a short update at the GNSO Council meeting tomorrow to the
effect that the meeting had taken place so that GAC can be kept advised of
progress and likely timeframes for response

Your comments on the questions would of course be welcome, particularly
whether this a policy issue or one of implementation of a Board decision.
While there were different views on this it was agreed that further
information was needed to answer that question and Jeff Neuman (Chair)
agreed to follow that up.

It was agreed that others can join the meetings (and quite a few did so).
There was some discussion of whether, if the IOC and Red Cross names would
otherwise succeed in an objection process, there was any harm in putting
variations of these in the reserved list or including as part of a string
similarity review. No decisions were made, but some points of view were
exchanged.

I will circulate the links to the transcript of the meeting once this
becomes available. Comments and questions would be very welcome.

Regards

Joy