Fwd: NCSG vote

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Aug 31 01:16:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

Interesting proposal.

Only 2 points immediately come to me.

1. I used a mailing list of the addresses of the members, and not this discuss list to get people to check-in.  True it was not the voting mechanism but it was also not the discuss list.  The discuss list mailings were secondary to alert people to the other activity.

2. even after checking in and getting a ballot that they could either return or go to a web site, 38% of active members did not vote.

I think the methodology can and should be improved, but I am skeptical about the methods being the problem I think greater use of technology would help.  In any case, several people have requested that after all of this is done with the charter and the election, work should be done to figure out better means of doing it all.  I think this is a great idea but I figure I will leave starting this process to the NCSG chair that you will all soon elect and not try to do so before then.  I hope that people like Ron, Dan and others will be active in working with the NCSG in coming up with plans and implementations.

a.