Fwd: "Domain Protection Racket" Promotion on Network Solutions Home Page

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 29 08:23:27 CEST 2011

Thanks for sharing,

I wonder if others onlist were ever "forced subscribed" to the author's
lists. Below occured last year prompting me to speedily request him to
unsubscribe my email address.
- - - begin - -

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Welcome to the "gctip-int" mailing list
------------------------

From: <gctip-int-request at gctip.org>
Date: Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 7:16 AM
To: gakuru at gmail.com

Greetings.  This is the initial announcements mailing list for Project IDONS
- Internet Distributed Open Name System.  If you receive this mailing, it
means you were likely either in direct contact with me, or sent email to
idons at vortex.com, regarding the IDONS project.

Since I have set up the IDONS Discussion Forums under the auspices of GCTIP
(Global Coalition for Transparent Internet Performance), I have "repurposed"
an existing GCTIP list to get initial announcements out quickly.  Ultimately
this list will be changed to a more obvious name -- but at the moment it's
close enough for jazz!

More about this list and the IDONS Discussion Forums in a message that will
follow to this list shortly.

If you had no interest in being on this list, my apologies in advance.  I
received a very large response to the initial IDONS announcement and while I
have attempted to only include appropriate addresses on this list, it is
quite possible that some persons who did not wish to subscribe were
inadvertently added.  In such a case, please either send me an email
directly (lauren at vortex.com) noting that you wish to be removed, or use the
automated mailing list control system.

Thanks very much!

--Lauren-
Lauren Weinstein (lauren at vortex.com)
http://www.vortex.com/lauren

This is the distribution mailing list for internal discussions related
to GCTIP - Global Coalition for Transparent Internet Performance.
More information regarding GCTIP is available via:

 http://www.gctip.org

Message submission instructions and other information about the
mailing list are at:

If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (change your
password, temporarily suspend deliveries, etc.), you can visit your
subscription page at:

 http://lists.gctip.org/mailman/options/gctip-int/gakuru%40gmail.com

 gctip-int-request at gctip.org

To simply unsubscribe via e-mail, send a message (subject and body
text are unnecessary and will be ignored) to:

You must know your password to change your options (including changing
the password, itself).  It is:

 xoguodot

This mailing list will not send out monthly or unsolicited password
reminder notices, so changing this option in your profile regarding
this function, or other functions that are not applicable to this
list, will have no effect.

While mailing of cleartext (not encrypted) passwords is in general not
a recommended practice, these particular passwords are unlikely to do
any serious damage thanks to the confirmation/notification features
built into this system, and the passwords provide at least a bit more
security for subscriptions than no passwords at all.

For any mailing list issues that require the intervention of a human,
please contact:

 gctip-int-owner at gctip.org

For other questions or issues regarding GCTIP, please contact:

 gctip at gctip.org

Thanks very much!