[council] Rod Beckstrom to leave ICANN at the end of his term

nhklein nhklein at GMX.NET
Fri Aug 19 15:26:05 CEST 2011

On 08/19/2011 07:29 PM, William Drake wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2011, at 5:19 AM, nhklein wrote:
>
>> While I agree with Milton Mueller and others that we have to stay
>> focused on our NCSG concerns, I think they are clearly stated as NOT
>> having been central to the achievements of the outgoing ICANN CEO, as
>> he says in the press release:
>>
>> “I can summarize my time here in four words: strong execution, great
>> teambuilding,” he said. “We have
>> built a world-class executive team, and elevated ICANN’s stature
>> through *strategic relationships with
>> governments, businesses, top technology firms and international
>> organizations.*”
>>
>> Is this the "Internet community"?
>
> It's just an oversight.  Often he mentions ALAC as well… ;-)
>
> Bill

Come on, Bill - you think just as an oversight he might have forgotten
government or business, and mention civil society instead?

Norbert  :-)

--
A while ago, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia