Election for ICANN Board seat now going on

Andrew A. Adams aaa at MEIJI.AC.JP
Thu Apr 28 02:58:48 CEST 2011

> Hi,
>
> While it might be nice if we did have elections for the Board where all the members of the constituencies and stakeholders got to vote, at this point it is only the council members in the Non Contracted Parties House who vote.  Though who knows for future elections we could propose it - though it might take a by-laws change.
>
> In the CSG, as I understand it, the chairs of the constituencies have directed how their council members must vote.  Of course they have the choice of obeying or not since it is a secret ballot.
>
> In the NCSG, the council members are all free to decide for themselves how they will vote.
>
> My hope is that they will decide to vote for me.  And maybe the support they see here will help them decide to do so.
>
> And of course it truly warms my heart to see your support.  I appreciate it greatly.

While we can't direct the councillors votes on this matter, I think all our
councillors are honourable enough to place a very heavy weight on the support
from the constituency for Avri, which I also echo. Do we have a process by
which we could confirm majority or even no opposition (we'd be unlikely to
get a true unanimous positive vote, but no dissenting voices is still a very
strong result) support for Avri's candidacy amongst the constituency
membership?

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/