Domain Name Front Running

Andrew A. Adams aaa at MEIJI.AC.JP
Fri Apr 1 06:54:41 CEST 2011

> OH - And,
>
> I looked it the .com and .org versions of the name and I didn't look up
> .net. The same guy registered .com and .org but not .net. I guess we
> really think alike.

So, it doesn't cost much to look up .net, .info, .biz. Unless you're really
concerned that you'll run out of suitable names, then why not try a lookup on
these others and see if they also get registered. In addition, an experiment
on finding a similar concept one can look up and seeing if someone also then
registers "small town name" farmersmarket.com after it's been looked up would
provide some modest evidence that it's not a coincidence. Once is
happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/