Fwd: [soac-mapo] Fw: Report on Implementation of GNSO New GTLD Recommendation #6

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Sep 22 01:19:17 CEST 2010

Dear All,

Please see the below report from the Cross-Community Working Group on
Recommendation #6 dealing with objections to new gtlds based on
"morality and public order".

Should the board accept the recommendations of the group, it would
help to remove a number of concerns we had with MAPO since it went
through the GNSO (like free expression).  While I personally do not
think ICANN has any role to play regarding 'morality & public order",
and I don't agree with every recommendation in this report, it is a
significant movement in the right direction of curtailing the abuse
of MAPO-type objections to new tlds.  So it is an improvement to what
is currently in DAG4 on MAPO.

NCSG should prepare and file comments on this report to the board.  I
think we have 30 days from today to get those comments in.  If we've
got any volunteers to work on group comments, please speak up!!!
Thank you!

Best,
Robin

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes at verisign.com>
> Date: September 21, 2010 3:58:32 PM PDT
> To: <soac-mapo at icann.org>
> Subject: [soac-mapo] Fw: Report on Implementation of GNSO New GTLD
> Recommendation #6
>
> FYI
>
> Chuck

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org