Fwd: [liaison6c] ICANN 2010 Nominating Committee Announces Selections

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Thu Sep 9 01:12:15 CEST 2010

Some awesome selections from NomCom this year.  See ICANN
announcement below.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen at icann.org>
> Date: September 8, 2010 12:51:40 AM PDT
> To: liaison6c <liaison6c at gnso.icann.org>
> Subject: [liaison6c] ICANN 2010 Nominating Committee Announces
> Selections
>
> http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-07sep10-en.htm
>
> ICANN 2010 Nominating Committee Announces Selections
> The 2010 ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom) has completed its
> selections for seven leadership positions within ICANN.
>
> The NomCom’s Chair, Wolfgang Kleinwaechter, said "We are proud to
> announce this year’s selectees to ICANN’s leadership. They include
> highly accomplished and experienced individuals from Albania,
> Argentina, Egypt, France, Germany, and the United States. The
> Committee noted with deep satisfaction that so many highly
> qualified individuals had put their names forward for these
> positions. At the same time, this made the Committee´s work
> particularly complex, with difficult choices between numerous
> excellent candidates to fill just a handful of positions. The final
> selections, a consensus after long deliberations in the Committee,
> combines renewal with expertise and experience in a way that we
> trust will reinforce ICANN and meet the community's expectations.
> Furthermore, for the first time in ICANN’s history, since 1998, the
> Committee has selected a representative of the Arab speaking
> community to the Board, which underlines the importance of !
> further internationalization of ICANN."
>
> NomCom is charged with recruiting and selecting a portion of
> ICANN’s leadership. NomCom is mandated to ensure, that overall,
> ICANN’s leadership is diverse in geography, culture, skills,
> experience, and perspective. The basic criteria is that selectees
> are people of integrity, objectivity and sound judgment, can
> support decision-making within groups, can work effectively in
> English, have an understanding of ICANN’s mission and operation,
> are committed to its success, experienced in world affairs,
> contribute to cultural, professional and geographic expertise, and
> can work long and hard as volunteers in the global public trust.
>
> NomCom evaluated over eighty candidates, many of whom with
> exceptional qualifications in relation to the key criteria as set
> out in the ICANN Bylaws. With such a rich pool of candidates and
> very few seats to fill, NomCom found itself unable to appoint all
> the applicants the Committee members would have desired to see on
> the Board and on the other bodies.
>
> Selectees listed for each ICANN body, in alphabetical order by
> family name. (Biographies of these individuals will be posted soon)
>
> ICANN Board of Directors
>
> Cherine Chalaby, Egypt
>
> Bertrand de La Chapelle, France *
>
> Erika Mann, Germany
>
> ALAC
>
> Sébastien Bachollet, France
>
> Marc Rotenberg, United States
>
> GNSO Council
>
> Carlos Aguirre, Argentina

> [...]

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org