Nominations for NCSG GNSO Council members

Balleste, Roy rballeste at STU.EDU
Wed Oct 13 15:13:19 CEST 2010

Absolutely!! +1

Roy

________________________________

From: NCSG-NCUC [mailto:NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of
Brenden Kuerbis
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 4:36 PM
To: NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: Nominations for NCSG GNSO Council members

+1 for the nominations of Mary and Bill.  And thanks to both of you (and
our other Councilors) for your GNSO work, it is deeply appreciated.

Brenden

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Wendy Seltzer <wendy at seltzer.com>
wrote:

I nominate Mary Wong and second Bill Drake's self-nomination.  Mary has
also confirmed that she's willing to serve.

Both Mary and Bill have served the NCSG well in their first terms, and
now bring the benefit of experience in Council practice and procedure,
as well as understanding of ICANN issues.  Their differing sources of
outside experience -- Bill's in governance, Mary's in intellectual
property law -- bring helpful background to discussions among NCSG
Councilors, in GNSO working groups, and with the GNSO Council as a
whole.

--Wendy

On 10/11/2010 08:08 AM, Avri Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The year, the first term for two of our members, William Drake and
Mary Wong, are ending.

> We, therefore, need to elect 2 GNSO Council members.
>
> Today I am opening a nomination/self-nomination period that will last
2 weeks: until 24 October Midnight UTC.

> Please send nominations/self-nominations to this list.
>
> If it is a nomination, please include a few words about why the
nominee would be a good choice for the NCSG and include whether you have
confirmed the proposed nominee's willingness.

> I ask all self-nominees and those nominated by others to make a
statement on their qualifications, their reasons for interest in serving
as a council member and their plans for the term should they be elected.

> I will put an agenda item on our next meeting where the participants
on the call can ask questions of the candidates.

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org +1 914-374-0613
Fellow, Princeton Center for Information Technology Policy