[ncsg-policy] Re: Please join the NCSG open policy discussion on 5 October (15:00-17:00 UTC)

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 5 18:06:58 CEST 2010

Bill,

see: 'Policy Development Process Work Team Initial Report & Draft
Recommendations'
(PDP-WT - Initial Report - Final - 31 May 2010.pdf)

https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?pdp_team

- - -
3. Delivery of Recommendations to the Board

Recommendation 39.

The PDP-WT recommends that the GNSO Council is responsible for the
Board Report either as author of the report or to approve the report
before it is sent to the Board. The PDP-WT discussed at length the
current practice of ICANN Policy Staff submitting a separate report to
the Board which is never disclosed to the community, noting that this
is not directly related to the PDP, and unanimously believe that this
practice should no longer continue.

Reports on PDPs should be delivered from the GNSO Council directly to
the Board and if any summaries are needed, that should be the
responsibility of the Council with the help of the Working Group (if
necessary). The PDP-WT has discussed ways in which to make the report
more focused and easier to digest, but has not agreed on a possible
recommendation in relation to this issue yet and hopes to receive
further input on this issue during the public comment period.

https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/icann-ppsc/attachments/pdp_team:20100728095715-0-21071/original/PDP-WT%20-%20Initial%20Report%20-%20Final%20-%2031%20May%202010.pdf

regards,

Alex