also: elections for NCUC Executive Committee Representatives

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Tue Oct 12 00:24:16 CEST 2010

Election season is upon us once again!

According to NCUC's charter, we elect all of the NCUC Executive
Committee regional representatives and chair each year.

All terms are 1-year and begin at the conclusion of the December
ICANN meeting in Cartagena.

SIX NCUC ELECTIONS:

NCUC Executive Representatives (current rep):
1. Africa (Alex Gakuru)
2. Asia (David Cake)
3. Europe (Konstantinos Komaitis)
4. North America (Brenden Kuerbis)
5. South America (Carlos Affonso Pierra de Souza)

All of the above existing regional Executive Committee reps are in
their 1st term and are eligible for re-election (should they chose to
stand).

6.  NCUC Chair (Robin Gross)

In my 2nd term as NCUC Chair, I'm eligible for re-election, but I've
decided not to run for re-election as it is an opportunity for new
leadership to emerge and non-commercial users to grow its leadership
base more deeply and broadly.

*Tentative Proposed Schedule*:

11 October: Nominations Open
24 October: Nominations Close
26 October: NCSG Open Policy Meeting (candidate discussion - final
ballot)
28 October: Elections Begin
11 November: Elections End
11 December: Term Begins

*Note: I've asked ICANN for technical help in holding these online
elections as they are getting bigger and more unwieldy for us to
manage as the membership grows and I haven't heard back yet.  So this
is a very TENTATIVE schedule and pending those discussions with ICANN.

As with the 2 GNSO Council seats, both self-nominations and
nominations of others are acceptable.  Nominations should be made to
this public list and accepted before the close of the nominating
period to be eligible for the ballot.

Let the NCUC Executive Committee nominations begin!!

Thank you,
Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org