U.S. Government Seizes BitTorrent Search Engine Domain and More

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at TELEMEDINT.NET
Sun Nov 28 18:45:44 CET 2010

I just spoke to the owner of torrent-finder.com on the phone.  He has not
been contacted by any branch of the US Govt. and still has an open ticket
with GoDaddy who have not been able to help him in any way regarding the
status of his domain name. He also told me that he called them on the phone,
and stated that their staff seemed to be "lost" regarding what happened.

I am still confused about what is happening with the so-called seizures (or
possible hoaxes). This article in the New York Times
(http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/27/technology/27torrent.html?_r=2) states
that a spokesperson for ICE said that there HAVE been a number of
court-orders and warrants for seizures of domain names without specifying
which domain names she was referring to. She also continues to explain that
there is an ongoing investigation in the matter. Perhaps they are
investigating who is pretending to be perpetuating this act in ICE's and
DHS's name???

Amr Elsadr M.D.
Chief Operating Officer
Tele-Med International