Can ICANN be decentralized?

Marc Perkel marc at CHURCHOFREALITY.ORG
Sun Nov 21 05:30:33 CET 2010

It may well be that there isn't a practical alternative. Perhaps the
focus should be on protecting ICANN from government control. I imagine
that just about any government would try to take control if they could.
Ultimately the People have to assert control.

Humanity is evolving at an extremely fast rate right now and the
Internet is the core factor in human evolution. Humans understand
reality collectively and our combined knowledge is as much who we are as
a species as our DNA. Maybe even more so at this point. I think very few
people grasp the importance of a free internet in the future of human
evolution and how vital it is that we make sure it stays free.