noncommercial outreach event in SF in March 2011

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at TELEMEDINT.NET
Fri Nov 19 16:27:32 CET 2010

Hello Robin,

I'm planning on being in SF for the ICANN meeting but am not sure yet.
Whether I am present or not, I would definitely like to help in any way I
can with the outreach event.

Thanks.

Amr Elsadr M.D.
Chief Operating Officer
Tele-Med International
http://www.telemedint.net
Tel: +2(023)534-6098
Fax: +2(023)534-6029

-----Original Message-----
From: NCSG-NCUC [mailto:NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of
Robin Gross
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:00 AM
To: NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: noncommercial outreach event in SF in March 2011

As you've probably heard, the March 2011 ICANN meeting (#40) will be in San
Francisco, California.  San Francisco has a vibrant civil society presence,
with a number of international NGOs having offices here, so we should hold a
side-event to attract local NGO's to the ICANN meeting and to participate at
ICANN going forward.

The SF ICANN Mtg will be a good opportunity to explain to local people what
important issues ICANN deals with and why they should become involved in
ICANN policy development with NCUC.  It would be great to have a large
turn-out of own membership at the SF mtg too like we did in Seoul.   Since
SF is my home, I have a number of local contacts here that we can use to
hold a really terrific noncommercial outreach event at that mtg.

But I'm going to need help from the membership in the organization of the
event, so I'm looking for volunteers.  If anyone would like to volunteer to
help with organizing the event - please let me know asap.  We will
especially need help with planning the substance of the program for the
event, promoting it among ICANN participants and of course fundraising.
I've already asked ICANN if they have a room we can use at the official
conference venue in March, but don't have an answer yet, so the specific
location is not yet determined.

So if you are planning to come to the SF ICANN Meeting in March 2011, please
volunteer to help organize this outreach event.  (You can even volunteer to
help organize if you aren't coming to the SF ICANN mtg.)  Please shoot me a
note to let me you'd like to volunteer and I'll add you to the organizing
team.

And if you are coming to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your
hair.

Thanks,
Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org