SPAM-LOW: Constituencies, old and new

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 12 08:24:19 CET 2010

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if ICANN inc. is any more than a venture
capitalist mindset outfit, interested largely on its own bottom-line and the
continued health and strengthening of financial well-being of its commercial
stakeholders, with "global public interest" tag/label conveniently used as a
PR shop front? Engages in ritual ITU bashing since that is its only major
threat to the status-quo? Always guaranteed to succeed as "a better option"
since *all* governments authority are feared, globally. I ask, would it not
be useful to also pursue Civil Society participation at ITU also.
Non-Commercials having two  options is better that only one. Someone one
told me that when arguing from a terribly weakened position, it often helps
to consider, "an enemy of your enemy is your friend." just thinking out
aloud here...

--
regards,

Alex Gakuru