Do we want a meeting with the Board?

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Thu Nov 25 00:10:29 CET 2010

Hi,

In the past we have had meetings with the Board.

Robin and I have been talking about Cartagena and we disagree on whether this is worth the time.

At our last meeting, they seemed bored with the activity, some worked on their laptops the whole time, one reprimanded us for staff bashing and the chair told us we better have a really good reason for asking to meet with them again.

Robin thinks it is important to meet with them because it is the only time we get to meet with them face to face without the intervening staff filter.  She has a point there.

She thinks there is a lot to be gained from engaging them in conversation.

Nonetheless, I personally think it is a waste of what little face to face time we have that day.

So do people think we want to petition to meet with them as part of the Stakeholder/Constituency day?

If so what is our agenda.  That has to be part of the request - so they can decide if it worth their time.  They are busy people.

One point there will be a meeting between the Board Structural Improvements Committee and the members of the Executive and Policy Committees at some point during the week to talk about charters etc, and as at the meeting last time in Brussels, I expect the whole Board would not be willing to talk with us about that.

It might be late to ask, but the question came up.

a.