noncommercial outreach event in SF in March 2011

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Nov 17 05:00:02 CET 2010

As you've probably heard, the March 2011 ICANN meeting (#40) will be in San Francisco, California.  San Francisco has a vibrant civil society presence, with a number of international NGOs having offices here, so we should hold a side-event to attract local NGO's to the ICANN meeting and to participate at ICANN going forward.

The SF ICANN Mtg will be a good opportunity to explain to local people what important issues ICANN deals with and why they should become involved in ICANN policy development with NCUC.  It would be great to have a large turn-out of own membership at the SF mtg too like we did in Seoul.   Since SF is my home, I have a number of local contacts here that we can use to hold a really terrific noncommercial outreach event at that mtg.

But I'm going to need help from the membership in the organization of the event, so I'm looking for volunteers.  If anyone would like to volunteer to help with organizing the event - please let me know asap.  We will especially need help with planning the substance of the program for the event, promoting it among ICANN participants and of course fundraising.  I've already asked ICANN if they have a room we can use at the official conference venue in March, but don't have an answer yet, so the specific location is not yet determined.

So if you are planning to come to the SF ICANN Meeting in March 2011, please volunteer to help organize this outreach event.  (You can even volunteer to help organize if you aren't coming to the SF ICANN mtg.)  Please shoot me a note to let me you'd like to volunteer and I'll add you to the organizing team.

And if you are coming to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

Thanks,
Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org