Status of the charter vote

Dan Krimm dan at MUSICUNBOUND.COM
Wed May 26 20:57:34 CEST 2010

Point taken.

Yet, isn't the whole point of being involved in a *governance*
organization to be "a process geek"?

ICANN may be focused on policies of a technical nature, but it is not a
technical organization.  It is a political organization, and the
ramifications of these technical policies (and bureaucratic processes)
reach far beyond mere technology, because this is about technology with
fundamental effects on basic liberties and societal capabilities.

We are all "process geeks" here, aren't we?  Because governance is *all*
about process, and ICANN is all about governance.  And in any case, this
charter vote is not just some run-of-the-mill garden-variety process
matter.  These "constitutional" matters don't come around very often, and
when they do they affect everything else that the organization does.

Bottom line, we are on the same page in encouraging everyone to participate.

If you do not recall receiving an email message with a link to your
personal ballot, I would suggest you just go ahead and immediately request
a duplicate explicitly (and the administrator can confirm separately that
it went out, and what the subject header is and what the sending address
is).

You can't vote twice in the system, so duplicate messages with your
personalized ballot-link pose no logistical problem.

Dan

--
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author alone and
do not necessarily reflect any position of the author's employer.