Welcoming a new NCSG member

Baudouin SCHOMBE b.schombe at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 26 18:01:08 CEST 2010

2010/5/24, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu>:

>  The number of people interested in what ICANN does is intrinsically a
> small portion of the politically active population.

Correct, in some countries like my own country we meet a lot of barrior:
social, cultural, economic and decison makers.
a specifiic barrior is in linguistic level.

The number of people interested in what ICANN does AND willing to join a
> membership organization related to icann is a small portion of the previous
> portion of the population.

we have a serious problem of ICANN visiblity in local area.

The number of people interested in what ICANN does AND willing to join a
> membership organization related to icann AND willing to vote or otherwise
> participate in specific processes is a small portion of previous portion of
> the population.

With several constituencies, I thing the process is on.

The number of people interested in and capable of using all this effort to
> make decisions and administer policies are an even smaller bunch (and may or
> may not be drawn from the previous population).

in this point, three points can be identify:
-local agenda
-speed, plurality and quantity of items
-linguistic problem

<repeat as necessary>

> Bottom line of this cascade:
>
> I agree with Bill, too. We need to cultivate the people we have.
>
>  I approve this argument

SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN
COORDONNATEUR DU CENTRE AFRICAIN D'ECHANGE CULTUREL (CAFEC)
COORDONNATEUR NATIONAL REPRONTIC
MEMBRE FACILITATEUR GAID AFRIQUE
GNSO and NCUC MEMBER (ICANN)

Téléphone mobile: +243998983491/+243999334571
                           +243811980914
email:                   b.schombe at gmail.com
blog:                     http://akimambo.unblog.fr
siège temporaire : Boulevard du 30 juin Immeuble   Royal, Entrée A,7e
niveau.